Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mmmmm Pumpkin Treats

.
Troubadour asked me this morning what kind of yummy treat I was going to make him for breakfast. Since it is Halloween I decided on pumpkin scones. They sounded wonderful on this crisp, but sunny fall morning.

I have a recipe I found on the internet that is supposed to copy Starbucks Pumpkin Scones. I have made them a few times and tweaked them to make them vegan, but I have to say I call them "Better Than Starbucks" Pumpkin Scones. These always turn out nice and light, whereas Starbucks scones can be downright heavy and dry on occasion.

Instead of waiting for them to cool completely to glaze them, I just sprinkle them with powdered sugar. The result.... yummy. I snapped a few pics this morning before we dove in.




The recipe makes a small batch of 6. I have to admit - there are only 2 left.

Happy Halloween everyone.

- Au Revoir

"Pixie, kobold, elf, and sprite, all are on their rounds tonight; In the wan moon's silver ray, thrives their helter-skelter play." ~ Joel Benton
.

5 comments:

  1. Yum!!! But what is the recipe?? Love their pumpkin scones, but would love to try your updates to the recipe. :) -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never met a scone I liked...
    but, I'd certainly like to meet this one.
    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will post up the recipe soon. Wasn't sure anyone would be interested. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete