Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Grubby Little Urchin

.
From the first time that Troubadour saw pictures of me when I was little, he has always said I appeared to be a "grubby little urchin." After taking an unbiased look at them, I am inclined to agree.

I share these photos with you so that you too can have a chuckle. If we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at. The boy in some of the pictures is my older brother Tiger. Enjoy.














I was even rockin' my rubber boots in that last one.

In my defense, I can say that when needed I could clean up as evidenced by this picture of me and my Aunt Stephanie on her wedding day.


* * * * *

On a side note we are heading to Seattle this weekend to the International Motorcycle Show. This will be the second time we've attended and are excited. This year we'll be attending with RickRick, Bolty and Bobskoot and I am sure we'll all have blog posts next week detailing our adventures. Stay tuned.

-Au Revoir

"Childhood is measured out by sounds and smells and sights, before the dark hour of reason grows." ~ John Betjeman, Summoned by Bells
.

5 comments:

  1. Trobairitz:

    I tend to agree . . . You clean up nicely

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marshmallow and propane torch inside the house begs the question...wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember roasting mashmallows that way but there is a story behind the shirt I am wearing in that picture. I fell in the lake while filling up a cup (back when you could drink lake water) and my mom and step dad dried my clothes over the campfire and burned/melted the sleeves. It used to have long sleeves. Mom had to cut them off and hem them as short sleeves. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. Isn't it funny some of the memories that we keep...and others elude us?? Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend!

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a little cutie! Not afraid to play in the dirt, but cleans up nicely for the wedding. I see you had a thing for cats even when young. I loved cats and kittens when I was a girl. We usually had a bunch on the farm. I still love cats, we just don't happen to be owned by any at the moment.

    Really cute pics - thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete