Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Un, Deux, Trois, Quatre, Cinq

.
Roger over at 'All Things Rogey!' put out a challenge to post up your five favorite photos from 2011.

The rules are as follows:

"Post up your five favorite photos from 2011. Tell us why you like them. It could just be you like the pic or it could be more personal or of great meaning to you. The only rule is you have to be the one who took them, and there must be at least one of you."

So without further ado, I give you my top five photographs taken in 2011:

1.

(First Ride on Max)

I had to post this photo since it was the fist time I got to ride Max. It was a big day for me stepping up from the TU 250. Troubadour surprised me by putting insurance on the America so that I could finally take the new bike out. (his Tiger was visiting a friend for a few weeks and getting some saddlebag racks made). And yes, I cheated right out of the gate, I didn't take the photo.


2.

(Troubadour and I)

Day 2 of my first 500 mile weekend. This three day-two night trip was a big first for me. Lots of twisties and really getting to know the bike and pushing my abilities a bit. (If I set the self-timer on the camera it counts as me taking it right?)


3.

(moto-camping)

I know the picture quality and composition on this photo isn't great but it is important to me because it was my first ever motorcycle camping trip. It was another 500 mile weekend, this time over two days not three. We had a blast going to Crater Lake for the first time and will definitely be doing more moto-camping next year.


4.

(Telegraph Hill - San Francisco)

This picture was taken on our trip to San Francisco to celebrate my 40th birthday in August. For some reason I love the way this picture turned out even with the parking sign in it. To me the colors of the trees against the grey sky combined with the lamp post are very dramatic.


5.

(Triangle Lake Ride)

I know this photo was posted very recently but it is still one of my favorites for the year and was such a great day riding with Troubadour. Chilly fall weather, the changing leaves and riding with hubby. It was just a perfect day.

There are a few more photos I would liked to include, but I limited myself to 5, just as Roger suggested, sigh. I'll save the others for my annual year in review post in a couple weeks.

- Au Revoir

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams

.

16 comments:

  1. The first one was probably taken with your camera right? So it counts ;-) So many firsts, new bike, moto camping, the big four zero. And I just love the compositions of the last two pictures, especially fond of the changing leaves. Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trobairitz:
    I just LOVE the smile on your face in the first photo - really captures the excitement of a new bike, doesn't it. Nice composition too.

    All of your choices are just great but I love that street light too - unusual and very arty.

    Thanks for posting the excellent pictures - being able to see other parts of the world is for be one of the best things of being part of the motorcycle blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Like Geoff I love the smile on your face with your first ride with Max. But you picked some great memories to share. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I think your first picture is my favorite of all five. Your smile tells the story! I know that smile and have experienced the 'first' joy of riding and what it means as a new rider. I usually have a stupid grin on my face most of the time when out on the bike. Who can't help but smile when you are on your bike experiencing twisties for the first time or going more than just a short jaunt. I also love the last picture it is simply beautiful and well composed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THey are all great pics, the lamp post is my favourite. The fact that they are important to you is what makes them great photos. You do live in a very pretty part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sonja - We only had one camera at the time and it was 'ours' so I guess that counts, lol.

    @Geoff - Yeah, I was pretty happy that day. To have the power difference between the TU and the Gladius was awesome. Isn't it amazing how blogging makes the world seem a little smaller.

    @BeemerGirl - thank you for the kind words.

    @Dar - There is just something about a new bike that brings out the grinning. But, like you said, don't we always smile when riding? I hope so.

    @Nikos - Merci

    @Raftnn - Thanks again for the kind words and for posting the challenge. We do live in a pretty area, but so do you. Did I hear a rumor that you were headed to the west coast of our fair shores next year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trobairitz your photos are very nice and I especially like the last one. With all the different colours. I see why it is so special to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, love the big smile on the first one as if saying "she's all mine" :-)
    Have Troubadour put some pants next time, the sun shining on his legs is blinding us LOL, just kidding, you guys are a great team. Love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Chillertek - Thank you kind sir.

    @GeorgeF - Thank you. I was a pretty happy camper that day when I first got to ride the bike. White legs are a side effect of living in Oregon I'm afraid. We both have shark bait white legs. Luckily I was in the shadows so it wasn't as noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your set of 5.
    Sort of gives a nice overview for your year. Nice portraits in the first two, and the ones with the bikes tell a nice story of your day and are lovely scenes. I always like the subjects you choose for your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your last photo. But I am known to love Fall's colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Bluekat - Thank you, you're being too kind.

    @TuscanFoodie - Thank you. I too love the colors of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a great eye for taking pictures, no doubt about it. The camping one gives me mc camping butterflies remembering our first Blistered Bottom Ride and campout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you "cheated" as I like the first one best, not to say the others are nice. But...it's my favorite of your five! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Wooley - Thank you sir. Camping is always great fun.

    @Ken - Thanks, I like that one too. It was definitely a great day.

    ReplyDelete