Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Ice Capades

.
Ice capades, snow capades, we've had a little of both this last week or so. Woke up to rain this morning then it was snowing again. Luckily it has all melted now.

I thought I'd share a few of the pictures I've taken this last week of the snow covered trees in the beautiful sunshine. All of these pictures are views from our house. One towards the back, one towards the front and the side. It sure makes me think of growing up in British Columbia and all the snow we would have every year. At times we had snow as early as Halloween and you couldn't see the costumes because of the winter coats and ski pants. I think we were all dressed as Olympic skiers back in those days.

I can honestly say that I do not miss shoveling snow, but I do however, miss long walks in deep snow on a nice sunny day. The winter before moving to Corvallis we had quite a bit of snow in Penticton. I remember New Years day 2000 walking several miles in the snow just to get a New Years newspaper with the Y2K date on it. I miss those walks. We don't get enough snow or the right conditions around here to do that type of thing. It either freezes and becomes a sheet of ice not conducive to walking or turns into brown slush. 'Sigh'. I guess we could venture into the hills to go for a walk but who wants to fight the unsuspecting traffic.


Since we moved to Oregon I've never owned a pair of winter boots or a winter jacket. It just doesn't seem to get as cold down here. Mind you that was a major factor in moving here. One of these days I may cave and buy some waterproof boots as we seem to be getting more and more snow every year. For now I'll have to make do with my water resistant Keens.


Appreciez les images.
-Au Revoir


"Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers" - unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment