Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bonneville T-100, 110th Anniversary Edition

.
Last Saturday we had plans to take the Bonneville down to the Triumph shop in Eugene to put it on consignment.  Troubadour was teaching a Team Oregon class and was out of the house early.  About 8:30 am I started suiting up to ride to coffee.  I was the first one there and managed to get premium parking right out front.

(Beau at Coffee Culture Annex)
It wasn't raining on the way to coffee but by the time I left it was sprinkling.  I rode downtown to fuel up and also buy some tofu spring rolls from Vietnamese Baguette for lunch.  It was really raining by the time I entered the restaurant to pick up the to-go order.

One customer asked me: "Aren't you hot in all that gear?"  I just chuckled and told her it was keeping me dry so I didn't mind.  

Lunch purchased, I rode towards Albany to meet Troubadour.  Luckily it stopped raining just a bit out of town.

We shared lunch and headed down to Eugene.  The easiest route from our starting point was Highway 99E; straight and boring.  Oh well.

We arrived with no issues but Rod and Erica were busy so we amused ourselves by wandering around.

I was distracted by the shiny 110th Anniversary Edition of the Bonneville T-100. Previously I'd only seen it in pictures.  This was the first time seeing it in person.

2012 Triumph Bonneville T-100, 110th Anniversary Edition)
I really thought it was sharp with the Silver and Brooklands Green color combination.

(Striking green and silver combination with a touch of gold pin striping)

(Triumph - 1902 - 2012)

(Reflection for Bobskoot)

(The T-100's backside)

(The brake lever reflection caught my eye)

We were at the shop for a few hours and Troubadour, which you've probably seen by his post last week, was ogling the 2012 Triumph Explorer 1200 and also took a Stella two-stroke scooter for a ride.  If you missed his post you can check it out by clicking on this ----> link.

(Troubadour looking stylish on the Explorer)

(Just back from his Stella test ride)
We rode home two-up on Lucy that night.  Brad didn't have the top case on it, so I had no back rest.  It meant that I had a bit more wiggle room back there, but because of the riding position (high passenger pegs) my butt and knees were killing me by the time we got home.  That bike sure isn't great for a long legged pillion rider, although it tries to lull me to sleep so it must be a smooth ride.

- Au Revoir

"It is good to be without vices, but it is not good to be without temptations." - Walter Bagehot 
.

20 comments:

  1. Beau looks so nifty, as does the anniversary Bonnie. It is a pity that the bike doesn't work out but I understand the reasons all too well. Still, they are darn drool-worthy two-wheelers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if the bike isn't a suitable contender for me I can still drool over them. And I do, lol.

      Delete
  2. That Bonnie looks soooo pretty, I guess that's my weakness right there, if I had've been in that shop with money it would have been sold on the spot!!

    I hear ya bout the pegs on Lucy, hubby's shadow is exactly the same with the tiniest seat in the world thrown in for good measure .. needless to say he's only pillioned me once on it, that was enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really striking in person. I am not a fan of gold but the gold pinstriping even looks good on it.

      I don't know why they don't make pillion seats more comfy. If my legs were shorter it might not be as bad.

      Delete
    2. My legs are shorter, I'm sorry to report it doesnt help :(

      Delete
    3. Well, we'll just have to blame the darn seat then, lol.

      I think manufactures have gotten together and found out a way to let hubby's have some alone time. Make uncomfortable pillions seats.

      Although, then some of us just learn to ride our own bikes and it all backfires!! ha ha

      Delete
  3. Mmmmmm.... I still think those both those Bonnies look great. Thanks for the pics of the Anniversary Edition - haven't seen one of them before, either in print or in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could actual show you pics of something you hadn't seen before. I think that is rare.

      Rod lucks out at his shop. He manages to get all the new bikes. I think he has at least 4 Explorers in right now and at least that many Tiger 800's. Just the one anniversary edition Bonneville though.

      Delete
  4. ...when are they going to start bringing out anniversary editions of the anniversary editions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, funny. I am sure someone somewhere would actually buy one though.

      Don't give them any ideas Nikos.

      Delete
  5. The Bonneville is such a cool looking bike, but I have waay too much @$$ for that seat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have too much @$$, it is just too boney. I need more cushion on the seat.

      My Gladius seat is pretty firm too but at least I can slide back and I'm more on an angle and my weight isn't resting directly on my boney butt.

      Delete
    2. Trobairitz:

      try a GEL seat pad. Works wonders, either that or get a BUM massage . . . later . . .

      bob
      Riding the Wet Coast
      My Flickr // My YouTube

      Delete
    3. A gel seat pad might work. I also have a pair of cycling shorts somewhere that are padded. I may have to dig those out for our longer rides this summer, but they feel so awkward when not on the bike.

      As to the bum message, well, we'll just let that comment go, lol.

      Delete
    4. Trobairitz:

      you didn't mention but, did you sit on the Anniversary Model ? Did you sit on a Street Triple ?

      I have a GEL seat Pad, maybe I'll try it out before I leave. It feels so comfy

      bob
      Riding the Wet Coast
      My Flickr // My YouTube

      Delete
    5. I sat and bounced on the Street Triple and the Tiger 800 there just weren't any pictures as proof.

      Delete
  6. Very cool pics! That's a nice looking motorcycle, color wise, but it doesn't look at all comfortable. Not just the thin seat, which I have natural padding to compensate for, just the overall shape. It's still pretty. And look at you throwing in reflect and ASS pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they do not have a very comfy seat. Definitely need more padding. But such a pretty looking bike.

      Delete
  7. You're right Toadmama, I hadn't noticed that (I was too busy drooling over other pretty bits) but that seat just looks like it would quickly turn into a lump of wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that seat would give you numb bum within a half hour

      Delete