Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's Valentine's Day

.
Troubadour and I aren't big on things classified as holidays ..... religious or otherwise.Most people reading my blog have figured that out by now.

That being said you know we don't have anything special planned for today. We tell each other "I love you" every day not just when society tell us we should with a card and flowers/chocolate.

I found the following quote and feel it sums up my take on love and life after almost 14 years of marriage and 16 years of being together.......

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." ~ Author Unknown

On this "romantic" day my wish for everyone is to find someone the same level of weirdness you are, so you too can celebrate life and love. Above all else - be happy.

Au Revoir

"Grow old with me! The best is yet to be." ~ Robert Browning
.

1 comment:

  1. I like the quote. Katie and I were just talking about how people shouldn't wait for one specific day to express their love. Every day should be a sort of Valentine's day. The guilt trip thing I see people pull off is something else. And not good.

    Here is my wish to you and Troubadour for another loving year together!

    ReplyDelete