Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Keen for Keens

I just have to write a post to tout how happy I am with Keen footwear. Troubadour has been a fan of Keens for a few years and last year talked me into my first pair. I fell in love with a rum raisin colored pair of Napas that happend to be on sale.  They have laser engraved flowers on them so how could I resist.  I could not believe how comfortable they were but also how warm.  They have become my everyday shoe and I am reluctant to wear anything else. 

I had been wanting a hiking boot for a while and had been looking around as I want to break them in before our Wallace Falls trip in May. We went to Footwise a month or so ago and happened to find a pair of Napa boots in seal brown that fit. Gotta love it when they were on sale too.
And today we went in to Footwise looking for boots for Troubadour. He found a pair (yes, on sale) that he likes but they have to bring the right size in from their Eugene store, they will be here Monday. I manged to find a pair of Voyager trail cruiser shoes in charcoal/sterling blue. I have them on now breaking them in.  They will be great for more rugged hiking, camping and everyday summer wear when sandals don't offer enough protection.

It amazes me that it does not seem to matter what pair of Keens I try on as long as it is an 8 it will fit. Keens fit a little small so you need to go up that half size ( I usually wear a 7.5). They are ergonomically correct and have toe room to spare. They are the first shoes that have made me walk correctly. I have had ankle surgery and my gait was always a little off. They are so supportive that the soles don't wear down on one side like cheap shoes do.

We also have plans to purchase some Keen sandals before summer.  If you want a good quality shoe at a reasonable price. I highly recommend Keens. What can I say - I am keen for my Keens.

-Au Revoir

"You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself, any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel)

No comments:

Post a Comment