Monday, May 11, 2009

Back to work to relax ....

Had a busy weekend and was glad to see Monday arrive so I could get back to work and relax. Not that work is relaxing, but my job is mostly a desk job so pretty easy.

I managed to score Friday off but I dropped in to get the mail and check messages. Put out a few scheduling fires, then headed out to get groceries and home for my Friday house cleaning. I usually only work Friday mornings so my Friday afternoons are taken up with weekly grocery shopping and house cleaning and that leaves my weekend housework free. I managed to get all of my chores done by noon and instead of relaxing and puttering on the computer I decided the weather was too nice to stay inside.

I headed out to the front yard with gloves in hand and determined grimace on my face. Two and a half hours later I had managed to get most of the front shrub beds weeded. They were being invaded by California poppies. A pretty plant that we started from seed last year but it self-seeded like crazy and was running rampant and we didn't want it to choke out our other plants.

I finished in the late afternoon and took time to cool off, drink an iced coffee and post a blog and before I knew it Troubadour was home and ready to head out for a pre-run on his Saturday newbie route. We left Corvallis at 6 and got back into town about 8:30 or so. We were hungry so we headed for Thai food in Philomath at the Woodsman. Great food I must say. We didn't take any gratuitous food pictures though - too hungry. Finally made it home just after 10 and didn't get to bed until after midnight.

Back up at 6:30 and at the coffee shop by 9:00 to prepare for the newbie ride. Troubadour and tbolt gave a full review of the ride on their blogs so I won't go into detail here. I will say that after leaving Premier Moto we headed to Starbucks in Corvallis for a nice decaf grande Doubleshot on ice. Refreshing after a day on the bike. We then decided we needed bark mulch for all the shrub beds so the weeds didn't come back. Quick stop at Pro Bark on the way home and 12 cubic yards were set to be delivered within half an hour or so.

We started spreading the mulch about 4 pm. Troubadour manned the wheelbarrow and I was on rake duty. We stopped at about 6:30 for some leftover Thai food and finally finished up spreading all 12 yards by just after 9. At that point it was too dark to see. And yes, we were a little stiff and sore. A warm shower helped that out. We didn't get any pictures taken but I will try to take some this week if it isn't raining and post them.

Sunday morning came and we headed down to Eugene to my grandparents to visit for Mother's Day. Troubadour graciously offered to install a new dining room light for Gran that my aunt and cousin bought her for Mother's Day. Visited and played in the yard and had great quesadillas for dinner. My cousin has a 3-1/2 year old boy so we got lots of playtime in.

Finally made it home just after 8. Was a full weekend and we had a lot of good times. It is good to be back at work where I can relax and recouperate from a busy weekend, even if I did have almost 400 emails to sort through this morning. Sounds tough, I know.

Oregon Vintage Motorcycle ride is next weekend so we'll start all over again. 

- Au Revoir

"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment