Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Morose Monday

.
You may know from previous posts that I am not a big fan of Mondays. I just find it hard to get out of bed at 6 am after having two days off. 

Today was worse than usual, as Troubadour had to go out of town for work. He is only gone for an overnight but it is still hard on us. He will not be back until late tomorrow so it will just be Squire Basil the
cat and I tonight. Sigh.

We have been together 15 years and married for 13 of those. In the last 11 years we have only spent 1 night apart. So, when something like this comes up, we are a little out of our element. It will be easier on me staying home in our comfort zone than it will be on him. He will be traveling with a coworker and staying at a hotel in a town he doesn’t know. At least I have the cat for company.

Some people might enjoy a night without their spouse, but not me. He is my best friend and I love him, and even if he is just gone for one night I shall miss him beyond words. 

Tomorrow will be better since he will be coming home and I will have something to look forward too all day while at work. Until then I shall be a sappy romantic and just stare at his picture. Maybe I’ll even sleep in one of his t-shirts, but don’t tell him I’m that mushy, I have a rep to protect.

-Au Revoir

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it enkindles the great."  - Comte DeBussy-Rabutin

No comments:

Post a Comment