Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Crappy Weather

.
As my Grandpa used to say, "The weather is in the crapper."

With all the rain we've been having I've been thinking of that phrase and wondering to myself, Why do we reference toilets so much in regards to the weather? Maybe as motorcycle enthusiasts we are out in the elements more than the SUV drivers out there.

Could it be that we received a toilet shaped Hot Wheels when we were a kid?



Or maybe our potty training occurred on wheels....



I think the problem could be that when kids are given these products as children they develop an affinity for what one can do with a combination of toilets and wheels as they get older. They might convert them to toilet trikes....



or toilet trikes with a modicum of privacy.....

If they are feeling particularly patriotic they could paint one with the flag....


Although I think you have to live in the South to think that up. I'm guessing Kentucky or Tennessee. And if you own that model, this display in your front yard is a must....


If you prefer four wheels instead of three they can design something just for you....


And if you like to carry a passenger.... no problem.....


For the fancy pants ladies out there they could even 'pimp your ride'.......


For those race fans out there I am sure they could devise something for you too....



All that hard work and creativity must not be easy. I am thinking one would have to drink a lot of coffee to come up with some of those ideas and stay awake into the wee hours of the morning executing the designs. Wonder what kind of mugs they'd use for their coffee......


Of course all these crappy photographs have nothing to do with the weather but I thought it was a good segue.

All in all, I guess our weather hasn't been too bad. Rain, rain, and more rain. I'd prefer more sunshine, but at least it isn't snow. I don't have to shovel rain.

We woke to a chilly 25˚F (-3.8˚C) this morning and we are expecting more of the same the next few days. However, we were rewarded with a nice sunny day today. So what is better? Riding in the rain and having the temperature in the high 40's (+9˚C), or riding in the sunshine and having a high temperature in the mid 30's (+4˚C)?

- Au Revoir

"I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness." ~ Adeline Knapp

.

8 comments:

  1. An entertaining post. All of the Hot Wheels I've had were die cast metal and were only 45 cents. Nothing as fancy as the unit in your post. Our temperatures have really warmed up to about 0F. Warm enough to go skiing this morning.

    Happy New Year!
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trobairitz:

    Our weather is the same as yours. going to -6C tonight

    Happy New Year to you and Troubadour

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the rain... got enough snow for my taste being stuck and house bound in Germany.
    And as you said: you don't have to shovel rain...
    Wishing a snow free and happy New Riding Year to both of you!
    SonjaM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post. I loved the commentary woven between the images.

    Here we've had both snow and rain, but I haven't had the pleasure of riding in the sunshine for awhile now. Perhaps tomorrow. Forecast: 34F and Sunny. Sounds like a good start to 2011 here in the Heartland of the USA.

    Happy New Year to you and your Troubadour.

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - where do you find these things!
    I just came from Irondad's post, and this is doubly funny after reading that. You may have solved his dilemma.

    That's ever the question this time of year, warm and rainy, or cold and dry? Think I still prefer cold and dry and we have a few days of that coming up. Hope you and Troubadour have a great new year! Have you picked out that bike yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I think that I have seen that hot wheels toilet. But I really the two guys racing and hitting some g's.

    Hope the weather clears up soon allowing you to ride. (Read Troubador's post...definitely put the GS guards on if you aren't offended by the looks. My guards allowed me to wear my summer gloves into the high 30's. They really deflect the wind.

    Happy New Year!

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to everyone. Thank you all for visiting my blog throughout the year. I appreciate it and try to read all of your blog posts as well even if I don't always comment.

    @ Bluekat - no decisions yet but Troubadour is trying to steer me towards a BMW g650gs or an older f650gs for their versatility. After my chilly ride on Friday I might be inclined to agree

    @Beemergirl - Not offended by the looks of the guards, been thinking of them for a while. Troubadour is trying to get me to trade in for a whole different bike, one with a windscreen and guards perhaps..... we'll see.

    Hunting for bikes is part of the fun I'm just not a fan of shopping. And it is always hard for me to actually 'pull the trigger' so to speak when finding one I like.

    Happy riding in 2011 everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is drinking a lot of coffee and then riding that inspires some of these ideas. Guess there is more than one way to get on a motorcycle and go!

    ReplyDelete