Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Obligatory Heart on Your Sleeve Day

.

I am not much for holidays, any holidays. Whether it be actual federal holidays, religious holidays, or the made-up consumer holidays manufactured to sell good and greeting cards. Oh wait, aren't they all made up holidays?

When it comes to this particular commercial holiday it brings a quote to mind and I find it most true:

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." ~ Author Unknown

I love this quote because I firmly believe we are all a little weird and life is just better when you have someone of mutual weirdness to share it with. Now go hug your significant other in all their weirdness.

- Au Revoir

" I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon." ~ Author Unknown
.

5 comments:

  1. Well put, I am in complete agreement. I show my appreciation to my partner all the time, and when I want, not because the shop tells me I am suppose to....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, how weird :)

    I'm not much for the Hallmark Holidays. That said, chocolate is always good.
    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to be weird. Let's be Grinch about the holidays, and instead celebrate our weirdness every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't we all a little weird, and wouldn't the world be a dreadful place if there was no weirdness! :)

    I'll take the chocolates though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least we all seem to be in agreement that weird is good. I wish more people in this world realized they actually are and didn't take life so seriously! Happy Weird Day #1. :)

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete