Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

20/29 for the #29in29

.
Day twenty in the 29 in 29 photo adventure.

I took this picture a few years ago on a sunny walk in early Spring. We were hiking/walking in Bald Hill Park near our house. At the top is a park bench with beautiful views of the valley.

There was also this old piece of wood. Sometimes photo opportunities beg for black and white and this was one of those times.




- Au Revoir

"I didn't want to tell the tree or wed what it was. I wanted it to tell me something and through me express it's meaning in nature." - Wynn Bullock

.

10 comments:

  1. I love taking black and white photos. That is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is just something about them that adds an air of mystery.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes the simplest things make for a good motive. Like the B&W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and sometimes the simplest things make the best subjects.

      Delete
  3. Trobairitz:

    I like "simple" too. Simple is the best. I wonder what that piece of wood was used for, who left it there . . .

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure why it was there. It might be part of an old fence or marker of some type.

      Delete
  4. Very nice treatment of the photo. I like it in black and white. Love how black & white emphasizes the textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree the black and white sure brought out the wood grain and the trees.

      Delete
  5. I need to add my appreciation! Very nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is one of my old favorites for some reason.

      Delete