Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

28/29 for the #29in29

.
Day twenty-eight in the 29 in 29 photo adventure.

In walking to the post office during my lunch yesterday I took advantage on the brilliant sunshine to snap a few pictures of the other sculptures in downtown Corvallis.  It was pretty chilly at 38˚F so I only stopped at two.

There are at least 6 of these wave sculptures downtown and if you just catch them out of the corner of your eye, you will think someone is standing on the street corner waiting to cross. This one is on the corner of Jefferson and Second by the post office.


(The wave)

The Retriever is on the corner of Second and Madison.  Business owners keep the dish full of water for thirsty pooches. Unfortunately someone thought it would be funny to put a half eaten muffin by the poor fellow.  I was not about to touch it to move it, even with my shoe.  Note the signs of spring blooming behind the bowl.


(Bronze Retriever)

- Au Revoir

" It has been said that art is a tryst, for in the joy of it maker and beholder meet." - Kojiro Tomita
.

16 comments:

  1. Trobairitz:

    BUT, but, but . . . you have younger eyes. I thought it was me. Sometimes in the dark of night, when raining I see shadows that look like people crossing. sometimes they are signs, statues,or parking meters, but sometimes they are people.

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time we were driving from Penticton to Calgary at night in our little Mazda 323 and we saw a shadow on the left embankment beside us going through Banff. The shadow was moving with us and we both thought it was a bear at first. Then we laughed and realized it was the shadow of the car in the moonlight. Good times.

      Delete
  2. Trobairitz - I had to look at the wave twice, it looks like a giant piece of asparagus..... Love the dog statue. Agree with you about not touching the muffin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that's funny.

      Note to self - do not eat the blue asparagus......

      Delete
  3. I like the wave although I was also thinking asparagus first. Neat doggy sculpture, I wonder what a real dog might think about that fella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is funny how asparagus is coming to mind.

      I am sure other dogs run up to it and are quite puzzled when they realize it doesn't want to/can't play.

      Delete
  4. Never touch an unfamiliar muffin. Words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought the wave/asparagus sculptures were kind of cool. Nice when a city takes the effort to add art...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like all the artwork downtown.

      I'd never thought of the waves as looking like asparagus until today. I do wish they hadn't put them at crosswalks though. Further up the block I think would have been better.

      Delete
  6. I love the wave sculpture. Think it would be more at home in Rivendell. :)

    Cute little pooch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, I had to google Rivendell. It makes sense now, lol

      Delete
  7. I love all the sculptures and artwork around Corvallis. It's a great town for exploring on foot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corvallis doesn't always do things right, but I think they did well with the artwork.

      Delete